Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 11 bis 16 von 16

Thema: Tube or tubeless

Savage-IG Mitglied Avatar von Billi33
    If it is legal for you and your bike is allowed in Denmark, you can do it here too!
    Alt ist man dann, wenn man an der Vergangenheit mehr Freude hat, als an der Zukunft.
    (John Knittel, schweizer. Schriftsteller, 1891-1970)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    »Der Horizont der meisten Menschen ist ein Kreis mit dem Radius null. Und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.« (Albert Einstein, 1879-1955)

Savage-IG Mitglied
    Zitat Zitat von Billi33 Beitrag anzeigen
    Quote: „... I can seal the rims...“

I do not know the legal situation in Denmark but here you can not drive wheels with spokes without tubing.
    You can use tubeless tyres but you have to install tubes!

Greetings from Berlin

That's not correct. "Normally" wheels with spokes need a tube but there are existing some special kind of tubeless spoke wheels, for example BMW for the newer generation.

For the Savage a tube is necessary. I think not only the sealing is a problem but also the form of the rim is different between tubetype and tubeless wheels. I would install a tube anyway.

I have also heard that some tubeless tyres are not useable for tubes because of a rougher inner surface of the tyre. But this could answer only the producer of the tyres.

Northwood
    Gast
    Zitat Zitat von Jogi Beitrag anzeigen
    That's not correct. "Normally" wheels with spokes need a tube but there are existing some special kind of tubeless spoke wheels, for example BMW for the newer generation.

For the Savage a tube is necessary. I think not only the sealing is a problem but also the form of the rim is different between tubetype and tubeless wheels. I would install a tube anyway.

I have also heard that some tubeless tyres are not useable for tubes because of a rougher inner surface of the tyre. But this could answer only the producer of the tyres.
    Yogi, you are right about the BMW rims. But they are designed tubeless, the nipples are installed outside the rim.

@billi33. It appears illegal here too.
    Actually I dont get it.
    The difference between a TL and a TT rim is the bulge that keeps the TL tyre to the rim wall. As I understand, the concern is that a TL tyre on a TT rim could collaps in case of a puncture.
    But the same thing could happen to a TT tyre on a TT rim if the tube loose air. What is the difference?

Zitat Zitat von Northwood Beitrag anzeigen
    ...But the same thing could happen to a TT tyre on a TT rim if the tube loose air. What is the difference?...
    Dont know..., I use the TL tires with tubes inside for years and nothing has happend!
    I think the difference is in the immediate pressure loss in tires with tube!
    Geändert von Billi33 (05.03.2018 um 18:42 Uhr)
    Alt ist man dann, wenn man an der Vergangenheit mehr Freude hat, als an der Zukunft.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    »Der Horizont der meisten Menschen ist ein Kreis mit dem Radius null. Und das nennen sie ihren Standpunkt.« (Albert Einstein, 1879-1955)

Northwood
    Gast
    Zitat Zitat von Billi33 Beitrag anzeigen
    Dont know..., I use the TL tires with tubes inside for years and nothing has happend!
    I think the difference is in the immediate pressure loss in tires with tube!
    I might go for tubes, but I will take the final decision when I remove the old tyres and can inspect the rims.
    I will keep you informed :)

Great, I'm curious!