Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 14

Thema: How far?

sun_rat
    Gast

How far?

How far have you ridden on your LS650 in one day?

the farthest i did was last year, 400 miles from the beach to my home. on my trip down TO the beach, i stopped halfway to see a friend.

i planned on doing many more trips this year, but first i had electrical issues, and now the engine replacement. hopefully i can get at least one good long trip in before christmas.

gruss,
    sun rat

lucy
    Gast

Re: How far?

my max. was about 550 km in one day ....
    (one mile = 1,6 kms ??? not sure about that)
    but even with shorter trips, day after day,
    you get wherever you want ;D ;D :D
    to our meetings (Freudenberg - Germany and to Belgium) I usually take a few days of vacation and
    do it in 2 days (about 350 - 450 kms a day) on the way to the meeting and also 2 days back ... Stopping overnight at one friend's place.
    We are an excellent comunity here and there is no
    problem to stay overnight at someone's home :)
    I usually ride country roads, not the highways, it's more fun, but it takes more time.

sun_rat
    Gast

yes. when the bike was working i would ride to work most of the time.
    that is 50 miles (70 km?) one way.

if you have to work far away, you should at least find a way to enjoy the trip there.

Distel
    Gast

My longest day trip home from a holliday vacation was about 650 km.

Don't ask what my bottom felt like after that! :-[ ::) ;) Still can feel it after three years!

Cheers, Thistle (Distel in German ;D)

der_Thomas
    Gast

My rekord is a distance from 500km in a day. Home - berlin and back.

In the late evening, when I came back, I knew, that the LS 650 realy is a chopper, not a cruiser.

moesimir
    Gast

Hi,

this year, I had several trips of about 400 miles. First was in may from Belgium to a rally at Günzburg (South Germany). That were about 650km (about 406 miles). Then in July, I had another trip to one in switzerland. One way was 820km (ca 510 miles), which I did in 2 days. First day to my grand parents: 130km (80 miles) and the next day the rest (690km /430 miles). It took me from 8 in the morning to 23.30 in the night with a break of about 2 hours except the stops for refueling, so about 13 hours.

On that "weekend", I made about 1700km (ca 1050 miles) on 6 days (with a break of one day).

By the way, to go there, I had the longest distance to do and it was the first rally, where they had no cups!!!

moesi

moesimir
    Gast

And yes, a mile is 1,609... meters!

Bauer
    Gast

Hi,

I once drove 200km (125 mls) with my savage.
    Unfortunally, my Seat was very hard and low
    ("custom made", har, har);
    I woldn`t do that again (... with that seat).

The longest Distance I ever drove on one day was about 1.300 km (800 mls or so) in 15 hours, when I went back home from my holidays in Jugoslavia (Is this written correct?) to Germany in 2002.
    But i drove a car, and the seat was was quite o.k.

Bauer

Drachenreiter
    Gast

Howdy..

I think my longest ride in one day came close to 500 miles.
    The rear shocks on my Savage are shortened by about an inch, and my seat padding at that time consisted of two layers of cheap camping mat. So when I finally got back home, it felt like my ass had fallen off - especially since I had covered most of the distance on the Autobahn.
    That was in 2004.

In the meantime I've made a seat of my own which is quite a bit narrower than the stock one, and it's still only two layers of camping mat. Add apehanger handlebars, and you get a bike that will grind you to the bone within a couple of hours (yeah, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it just sounds impressive ;D ). I don't think I can ride more than about 300 miles in one day with this thing.

But that's ok, because I look awfully cool riding it. ...don't you think... ;) 8)

blue-thumper
    Gast

mein längster weg waren 1100 km in einer nacht ;D von abends 20.00 uhr bis morgens 10.00 uhr, 700 km davon in strömenden regen.

1100 km were my longest away in one night of in the evening 20.00 o'clock until in the morning 10.00 o'clock.

gruß norbert